Corn and Zucchini Fritters
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup, wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 lime, quartered to serve
- Extra coriander leaves, to serve
- Combine kernels, zucchini, ginger, chilli and chopped coriander in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in lightly whisked eggs.
- Add flour to corn and egg mixture, use wooden spoon to combine.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a large frying pan. Make 6 individual fritters by spooning approximately half the mixture into the pan.
- Flatten each fritter slightly and then cook for about 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towel, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining corn mixture.
- Serve warm with the lime wedges and extra coriander leaves.
Not Only Delicious, But Also Nutritious Because:
- Yellow-coloured fruits and vegetables, such as corn, contain substances called carotenoids. Eating carotenoid-rich vegetables helps reduce the risk of macular degeneration, as well as helping reduce the risk of developing cancer and heart disease.
- Create a more substantial lunch by serving with guacamole.
- Use a mix of sweet chilli sauce (small amount as sugar laden) and lime juice to create a dipping sauce with a little more kick.