Healthy Apple and Cranberry Bircher
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup almond flakes
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 cups almond, coconut or organic dairy milk (+ additional milk to serve)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Handful of berries per serve
- 1-2 tbsp Greek yoghurt per serve
- Combine rolled oats, chia seeds, shredded coconut, almond flakes, apple, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and milk in bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In morning, add cranberries to oat mixture and stir well to combine.
- Place mixture in serving bowl, top with handful of berries and 1-2 tbsp Greek yoghurt.
Delicious And Nutritious Because:
- Oats and chia are a great source of fibre which keeps you feeling fuller for longer. Studies suggest that the beta-glucan fibre found in oats can regulate your appetite for up to 4 hours.
By weight chia seeds are 14% protein. A high protein diet has been shown to reduce appetite and obsessive thoughts about food.